Step by step guide to hone your ability to perform effective health assessments, obtain valid data, interpret the findings, and recognize the range of conditions that can be indicated by specific findings to reach an accurate differential diagnosis. You’ll have coverage of 170 conditions and symptoms across the lifespan at your fingertips.
- Updated, Expanded & Revised: Thoroughly updated to reflect the art and the science of practice as well as the newest evidence and changes in health care
- Two New Chapters: Assessment of the Transgender or the Gender Diverse Adult and Persons with Disabilities
- New Content: Disability screenings
- Coverage of 170 conditions and symptoms across the life span—including children, older adults and pregnant patients.
- Complaint-focused approach organized by body system, including discussions of complex conditions
- Step-by-step guide to taking a focused history, performing a physical based on presenting complaints/problems, and interpreting the findings.
- Guidance on selecting diagnostic tests and interpreting those studies to help narrow down the diagnoses.
- Prediction rules for selected disorders.
- Quick-reference features, including red flags: assessment pearls, medications causing symptoms, and selected causes of symptoms.