Meet the diverse health care needs of older adults! Explore effective ways to enhance the wellness and independence of older adults across the wellness-illness continuum, including acute, primary, and long-term care. This edition features:
- Essential gerontological coverage perfect for Advanced Practice Nursing students
- A focus on caring for the older adult along the wellness-illness continuum and how to help this population maintain wellness and independence.
- Body Systems chapters covering common disorders in the older adult.
- Coverage of psychosocial issues that can affect the health and wellness of the older adult, family, and society.
- Evidence-based citations to support practice.
- "Signal Symptoms" feature to help you quickly target potential differential diagnoses.
- Consistent presentation of symptoms and syndromes and diseases and disorders to make reference easy
- Thoroughly reviewed, revised and expanded content throughout that reflects the advances in the field
- Polypharmacy chapter with coverage of anticholinergics, Beers criteria, stop/start tools for inappropriate medications, and medication reduction
- Content on chronic illness with coverage of chronic care management billing/coding and transitional care
- Changes in Aging chapter with content on atypical/altered presentations, geriatric syndromes, bimodal presentations of illness, and myasthenia gravis
- Content on health promotion with coverage of the annual Medicare exam, welcome to Medicare visit, and cholesterol treatment guidelines