Rx Essentials: Pediatric Prescribing & Sick Visit Challenges
When children and their caregivers present for a pediatric sick visit, you have to provide a balance between helping the child feel better and offering the best in safe, effective care, including prescribing, based on the evidence.
International speaker and expert clinician, Dr. Fitzgerald, will help you learn how to choose the safest treatment options for your pediatric patients in this case-based course.
Build your knowledge of:
- Pediatric pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics principles
- The latest recommendations in drug therapy for common conditions seen in pediatric primary care practice
- Cautions for prescribing established medications in children
- Options for the management of cough, cold, fever, and GI upset
- When to immunize, or not, during an episodic illness